The Way We Worked Exhibition
http://regalis.ru/tech/osnovopolozhnik-shkoli-administrativnogo-upravleniya.html основоположник школы административного управления #UtahWorks! Explore how work became such a central element in American culture by tracing the many changes that affected the workforce and work environments over the past 150 years!
http://civilforcevic.com.au/tech/raspisanie-poezdov-cherez-kotelnikovo.html расписание поездов через котельниково характеристика ассортимента по признакам классификации The Way We Worked is a traveling exhibition created by the Smithsonian Institution and the National Archives. Utah Humanities is touring the exhibition to six communities around Utah from January 2017 to January 2018.
Visit The Way We Worked, enjoy related community exhibitions, and participate in great local programming in Ogden, Hyrum, Castle Dale, Fillmore, Leeds, and Park City!
Utah Tour Details
How Do You Make a Living?
With busy hands and minds, American workers perform a diverse array of jobs to power our society. Whether we work for professional satisfaction, personal growth, or to ensure the wellbeing of ourselves and our families, work is a part of nearly every American’s life. Office workers, factory workers, homemakers, truckers, and the millions more who keep the nation going through their work make great contributions to American culture and industry. Rediscover the strength and spirit of American workers through rare archival images, compelling videos, and fascinating interviews.
Young women deliver ice, 1918. National Archives, Record of the War Department General and Special Staffs.
"I thought the exhibit was extremely thought-provoking. It gives people a sense of how important work and workers are to our everyday lives." – Exhibition Visitor
COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!
Visit http://samaragbi.ru/leon/1997-god-skolko-stoilo-harkovskoe-shampanskoe.html 1997 год сколько стоило харьковское шампанское The Way We Worked and participate in great local activities!
- мсч 12 ижевск расписание врачей January 28 – March 18, 2017: http://fielddaynj.com/delo/statya-158-uk-rf-2015.html статья 158 ук рф 2015 Ogden Union Station Museums, 2501 Wall Ave, Ogden, UT 84401, 801.393.9890 | http://sanaltur.vatancomputer.com/tech/raspisanie-reysa-sabetta-ufa-na-7-iyunya.html расписание рейса сабетта уфа на 7 июня OGDEN ACTIVITIES
- http://kertesz-outlet.hu/delo/kakaya-dlina-remnya-generatora.html какая длина ремня генератора March 25 – May 13, 2017: икота у мужчины Hyrum City Museum, 50 West Main Street, Hyrum, UT 84319, 435.245.0208 | расписание балахна нижний HYRUM ACTIVITIES
- мультик американская история 1 May 20 – July 8, 2017: http://ccbfcongo.org/leon/nabori-dlya-vishivaniya-krestom-lukas-katalog.html наборы для вышивания крестом лукас каталог Museum of the San Rafael, 70 North 100 East, Castle Dale, UT 84513, 435.381.3560 | http://blog.buh-kons.ru/delo/avito-sobaki-iz-ruk-v-ruki.html авито собаки из рук в руки CASTLE DALE ACTIVITIES
- сшить скатерть и салфетки своими руками фото July 15 – September 9, 2017: гражданское право учебники 2013 2016 Territorial Statehouse State Park Museum, 50 West Capitol Ave, Fillmore, UT 84631, 435.743.5316 in partnership with President Millard Fillmore Library, 25 South 100 West, Fillmore, UT 84631, 435.743.5314 | FILLMORE ACTIVITIES
- September 16 – November 4, 2017: Silver Reef Museum, 1903 Wells Fargo Road, Leeds, UT 84746, 435.879.2254
- November 11 – January 15, 2018: Park City Museum, 528 Main Street, Park City, UT 84060, 435.649.7457
Special thanks to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts for providing education outreach programming for museum staff, teachers, and students at each tour location.
Starting in 2017, listen to a new #UtahWorks story each week on The Beehive Archive. Tune in on KCPW and Utah Public Radio, or stream the whole collection at our Utah Stories from the Beehive Archive website.
We Want to Hear Your Work Story!
Help collect and share #UtahWorks stories!
- Join the conversation at our Utah Works! Facebook Group.
- Sign up to be interviewed as part of Utah Works, a new series of short stories - told in participants' own words - about the way we work in Utah. The series airs weekly on Utah Public Radio. Sign up for an interview in Fillmore, Ogden or Hyrum and come prepared to share your work story!
- Add your story to the Smithsonian Museum on Main Street's Stories from Main Street website.
Explore Other Stories!
- Starting in 2017, listen to a new #UtahWorks story each week on The Beehive Archive. Tune in on KCPW and Utah Public Radio, or stream the whole collection at our Utah Stories from the Beehive Archive website.
- The Way Utah Worked essay by Matthew Basso.
- Explore the National Archives collection associated with The Way We Worked.
Books, Films, and Resources for Educators!
- Reading Lists for Adults, Young Adults, and Children
- Film List
- Teacher Resources (Teacher's Guide, Lesson Plan Grades 5-8, Lesson Plan Grades 9-12)
- Docent Guide
- The Way We Worked Exhibition Script in English and Spanish
Find More Utah Work Stories Online
Utah has amazing work stories! Visit the Utah Division of State History's publications and collections to search through the Utah Historical Quarterly archives, as well as dozens of other local resources. Here are some great places to start!
- “Early Day Timber Cutting Along the Upper Bear River,” by L.J. Colton, Utah Historical Quarterly 35, no. 3. July 1967, pp. 202-208.
- “The Structure and Nature of Labor Unions in Utah, An Historical Perspective, 1890-1920,” by Sheelwant B. Pawar, Utah Historical Quarterly 35, no. 3. July 1967, pp. 238-255.
- “Utah’s First Convict Labor Camp,” by Virgil Caleb Pierce, Utah Historical Quarterly 42, no. 3. Summer 1974, pp. 245- 257
- “Labor Spies in Utah during the Early Twentieth Century,” by Dawn Rette Brimhall and Sandra Dawn Brimhall, Utah Historical Quarterly 81, no. 1. November 2013, pp. 25-46.
- Utah brochure for 2017-2018 tour of Utah!
- The Way Utah Worked essay by Matthew Basso.
- Join us for the Grand Opening of the Utah Tour of The Way We Worked at Ogden Union Station on January 28, 2017!
- July 15 to September 9, 2017 | The Way We Worked Exhibition in Fillmore
- May 20 to July 8, 2017 | The Way We Worked Exhibition in Castle Dale
- March 25 to May 13, 2017 | The Way We Worked Exhibition in Hyrum
- January 28 to March 18, 2017 | The Way We Worked Exhibition in Ogden
- January 28, 2017 | Utah Grand Opening of The Way We Worked
- January 26-27, 2017 | The Way We Worked Utah Exhibition Installation Workshop
- September 19, 2016 | The Way We Worked Utah Education Programming Workshop
- March 22, 2016 | Museum on Main Street Orientation and Program Planning Workshop
- July 12, 2017 | Smithsonian Exhibition, The Way We Worked, Continues Utah Tour at Two Venues in Fillmore
- May 17, 2017 | Smithsonian Exhibition, The Way We Worked, Continues Utah Tour at the Museum of the San Rafael
- March 8, 2017 | Smithsonian Exhibition, The Way We Worked, Continues Utah Tour at the Hyrum City Museum
- January 13, 2017 | Smithsonian Exhibition, The Way We Worked, Kicks Off Utah Tour with Grand Opening in Ogden
- Silver in them thar hills: Smithsonian lecture explores geologic history of Silver Reef, St. George News, August 15, 2017
- Museum of the San Rafael: Way We Worked Exhibit is Now Open, Emery County Progress, June 26, 2017
- Maegan Wilberg Talks "The Way We Worked" Smithsonian Exhibit (audio), Castle Country Radio, May 12, 2017
- Hyrum City hydro-electric plant opened for close-up public view (with audio and video), CacheValleyDaily.com, May 11, 2017
- Open house at Hyrum City’s hydro-electric power plant scheduled May 10 (with audio), CacheValleyDaily.com, May 5, 2017
- Cache Valley Historical Society and Hyrum City Museum host presentation on fighting forest fires (with audio), CacheValleyDaily.com, April 13, 2017
- Traveling Smithsonian exhibit opens in Hyrum City Museum's completed expansion, HJNews.com, March 25, 2017
- History at Union Station, City Weekly, March 1, 2017
- Hyrum City Museum discusses planned events around traveling Smithsonian exhibit, HJNews.com, February 24, 2017
- Featured Faculty: Matt Basso, Scholar for 'The Way We Worked' Exhibition, U of U Humanities Newsletter, February 2017
- Uniquely Utah: Smithsonian’s traveling exhibit on work arrives in Ogden, Fox 13 Salt Lake City, February 19, 2017
- Crowd Surfing - The Way We Worked, Ogden's Channel 17, January 30, 2017 (youtube video)
- Smithsonian exhibit ‘The Way We Worked’ rolls into Ogden’s Union Station, Salt Lake Tribune, January 27, 2017
- Smithsonian exhibition, ‘The Way We Worked,’ opens Saturday at Ogden’s Union Station, Gephardt Daily, January 27, 2017
- Traveling Smithsonian exhibit featuring history of American workplace pulls into Ogden's Union Station, Deseret News, January 24, 2017
- Ogden's Union Station to host Smithsonian exhibition January 28-March 18, Deseret News, January 9, 2017
- Union Station partners with Smithsonian to tell story of 'The Way We Worked' Standard Examiner, January 8, 2017
- ‘Snapshot 1880s’ explores the way pioneers worked, paves way for Smithsonian exhibit, St. George News, July 13, 2016
- Hyrum City Museum expansion nears completion ahead of traveling Smithsonian exhibit, HJNews.com, June 22, 2016
The Way We Worked has been made possible in Utah by Utah Humanities. The exhibition, created by the National Archives, is part of Museum on Main Street, a collaboration between the Smithsonian Institution and State Humanities Councils nationwide. Support for Museum on Main Street has been provided by the United States Congress.
The Utah tour of The Way We Worked is presented by Utah Humanities in partnership with local exhibition hosts: Ogden Union Station Museums, Hyrum City Museum, Museum of the San Rafael, Territorial Statehouse State Park Museum with President Millard Fillmore Library, Silver Reef Museum, and Park City Museum.
Many thanks to our partners and generous funders for their support of The Way We Worked.